Reports & Products: Reports
The Post-High School Outcomes of Youth with Disabilities up to 4 Years After High School (April 2009)
Publication Number: NCSER 2009-3017
This report provides a picture of the post-high school outcomes of youth with disabilities. The report presents findings drawn primarily from telephone interviews of parents and youth or self-administered mail surveys of youth collected when youth were ages 17 through 21. Findings are presented across disability categories, high school-leaving status, and demographic groups, and compares findings for youth with disabilities with youth in the general population.
- Chapter 1: The Early Adulthood of Youth with Disabilities
- Chapter 2: Postsecondary Education
- Chapter 3: Employment
- Chapter 4: Productive Engagement in the Community
- Chapter 5: Household Circumstances of Out-of-High School Youth with Disabilities
- Chapter 6: Social and Community Involvement of Out-of-High School Youth with Disabilities
- Chapter 7: A National Picture of the Post-High-School Experiences of Youth with Disabilities out of High School up to 4 Years
Newman, L., Wagner, M., Cameto, R., & Knokey, A.-M.(2009). The Post-High School Outcomes of Youth with Disabilities up to 4 Years After High School. A Report of Findings from the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2) (NCSER 2009-3017). Menlo Park, CA: SRI International. Available at www.nlts2.org/reports/2009_04/nlts2_report_2009_04_complete.pdf.